Thursday, February 7, 2008

Steve & Genna

I think engagement portraits are my favorite of all shoots. It might be because you get to have fun with the couple. I have the bad habit of taking too many pictures any given trip out. On this day I took 270 pictures. Way too many.  The first thing I do is upload them from my camera into Adobe's Lightroom.  Then I back these files up onto my external hard drive. Next up is going through and deleting anything that's just not good - in this case I think that blinkage had me delete about 20 pictures, then I had to look at a picture and figure out the tiny differences that would make a picture better. Then I make sure the color is what I want it to be in LR. Now comes any Photoshop playing.  I like to offer a wide variety of pictures so that's my excuse for taking so many pictures....even so I am trying to cut back on the number of pictures I take because I  end up with more work after the fact. I ended up loving 67 pictures and you can see all of them at their gallery


Every shoot I end up totally in love with 1 or 2 pictures, this is the 1. On our way to Norfolk Brandon (my assistant in training) and I were thinking up ideas, it's good to have a vision in your head of some of the pictures you want to capture,  and in my case, brainstorm. The cool thing about this picture is that it wasn't directed. Most of the other poses were directed if only a little but in this case he came out of nowhere and kissed/dipped her, just like in the movies. I only had time to get off this one shot and It was perfect.



There isn't much to this picture except the smile on her face and his "I'm so charming" expression....you just can't stage that, priceless!



Every engagement session has the shadow shot doesn't it? I cranked the color and contrast to make it a little more fun than the original.



Here is another classic pose, I'd say the sheer happiness dripping from their pores makes it a winner.





please feel free to leave your questions and comments about this shoot or any other. 
Thanks for stopping by ---  Andi

No comments:

tracking

Andi Grant

Andi Grant
Andi Grant is a Virginia Beach based photographer with a flair for striking, creative images and spontaneous shots that capture the joy and beauty of your wedding day or special portraits. Let Andi's warm and passionate approach convey all the excitement and romance of your wedding day. Andi also has a special connection with teenagers making her senior portraits far from ordinary. Call Andi to make an appointment. 757.339.7146

my music

About Me

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States